Do give it a shot, and send us your photos, videos, comments - we'd love to see them and share them with our readers. Alternatively, tag us in your photos on Facebook or Instagram!
On your marks, get set, bake!
The Press Office's Chocolate Cake
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 40g cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp hot water
- A pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache:
- 150ml double cream
- 150g plain chocolate
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degs celsius.
2. Beat together eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth.
3. Separately, add hot water to the cocoa powder to form a paste. Add salt, vanilla extract and the paste to the batter and mix.
4. Split batter equally into two 8" cake tins, and bake for approx 20-25 mins.
5. For the ganache, add cream and chocolate into a microwaveable bowl. Melt over gentle heat in the microwave for about 1 min, then set aside to cool and thicken.
6. When the cake has cooked, assemble it as shown here (apologies for the very basic illustration!):